By Betty J. Kekse
Traditional Tabbouleh Salad is typically made with bulgur, this recipe has the same great taste but replaces the bulgur with quinoa. I have always enjoyed the strong lemon and parsley flavors of tabbouleh and this dish pares well with grilled chicken, shrimp, or steak. I hope you enjoy it!
Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
- 1 ½ c – Quinoa (rinsed)
- ½ c – of fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 4 – cloves of garlic (minced)
- ¼ c – avocado oil
- 3c – fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1c – green onion (chopped)
- 2c – ripe tomatoes (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to the package.
- While the quinoa cooks, mix the lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper together. Whisk until well combined. Slowly pour in the avocado oil while whisking.
- In a large bowl, combine the hot quinoa and lemon dressing, set aside to cool.
- Once the quinoa and dressing have cooled completely add the parsley, green onion and tomatoes.
- Serve immediately or keep in the fridge for up to a week.